Red Heat 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Still funny after so many years later, guess an understanding of the Cold War would be beneficial but I remember watching it numerous times and it was the one liners that kept on coming at you.

The exchange of the watches at the end sums it up for me :)
I will buy this in a heartbeat!

Det. Sgt. Art Ridzik: Now you look like Dirty Harry.

Capt. Ivan Danko: Who is Dirty Harry?

:clap::clap::clap:

Cas, Firstly thanks for the review :thumbsup:

Secondly....Would you stop it! I NEED this in my life now :laugh:

Definitely a great film, not a pairing up I would have made but it worked :)

Amusing quote from the film...

Ivan Danko : Tea, please.

Art Ridzik : In a glass, with lemon, right?

Ivan Danko : [surprised] Yes.

Art Ridzik : Yeah. I saw Dr. Zhivago.

:rotfl:

I have a soft spot for this movie, but even so I think it's an odd choice for the 4K treatement. There is so much more fertile ground as yet untouched.

Love this film, the script is a cracker.
another gem of a film w/ Belushi is "Gang Related", that's screaming out for a good Spec Edn.

Nice review Cas.

This is definitely one of Arnie's 'lesser' 80s films but I much preferred this to Twins. I don't actually own this on blu-ray but a Zoom deal would definitely persuade me on this one!

Watch out for Leon from Blade Runner early doors too... Im sure Arnie was making a point here ;)

Hey Studio Canal...why don't you get hold of Commando?!

Watched this so many times in the 80s, rented from the video shop. Haven't seen it in years so review notwithstanding, not sure how this'll hold up. Good to hear the pq gets a good score. But yet again I find myself moaning about the price for these catalog titles. Yes, yes, 2 for £30 offers etc, wait for the inevitable price drop :rolleyes:

Nothing against the film but it just seems like one of those films that if it's on TV in HD I might watch it but actually buying a 4K disc and making time to specifically watch it just wouldn't happen for me.

Nothing against the film but it just seems like one of those films that if it's on TV in HD I might watch it but actually buying a 4K disc and making time to specifically watch it just wouldn't happen for me.

Yeah its always been one of those films for me too but if it comes up at £10 I wont be able to resist. And lets face it, even Arnie's not so good films are better than most films these days!

Oddly enough, I remember the game on the Spectrum more than the movie. I vaguely remember sneaking in to the local cinema to see it but not much else. I guess it was an 18 certificate if I still had to sneak in to the cinema in 1988.

Think I’ve only ever seen bits of this, never actually sat down and watched it properly. Like others have said, I’ll pick it up when it’s reduced in price.

QTOkJPF.jpg

EybFy7f.jpg

AO1cgoA.jpg

That's a nice bike.

Nice review Cas.

This is definitely one of Arnie's 'lesser' 80s films but I much preferred this to Twins. I don't actually own this on blu-ray but a Zoom deal would definitely persuade me on this one!

Watch out for Leon from Blade Runner early doors too... Im sure Arnie was making a point here ;)

Hey Studio Canal...why don't you get hold of Commando?!
Thanks for the review Cas,will add to my collection soon,maybe an 2 for £30 buy :)

It's in Zoom's 2 for £30 4k deal now, gents.

It's also around £14 shipped from Australia, just in case you think that all these 2 For £30 deals are crap and two UHDs for £30 isn't really a bargain...

Watched this so many times in the 80s, rented from the video shop. Haven't seen it in years so review notwithstanding, not sure how this'll hold up. Good to hear the pq gets a good score. But yet again I find myself moaning about the price for these catalog titles. Yes, yes, 2 for £30 offers etc, wait for the inevitable price drop :rolleyes:

i'm sure i seen it back in the day too but when i re-watched recently (it's on netflix at mo) i couldn't remember a whole lot. i watched Raw Deal the week before and may have enjoyed it more 🤔 a lower budget film but fun. i guess it was trying to be a 48hrs type but didn't quite pull it off. belushi is good in this for sure

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom