Red Faction:Guerrilla - Play and Help thread

Jay

Ex Member
Reaction score
Picked this up yesterday, it seems high street shops were selling all this weeks releases early.

I'm liking it so far, although the tearing is shocking.

Anyway surprised there wasn't already a play and help thread so thought I'd start one.

Thats the one reason why im waiting for the pc game.

I was so shocked with the demo, even though the game play was immense. I just couldnt believe the tearing.

i quite enjoyed the demo and once i finish a couple of other games ill probably buy it...

but.. whats tearing?? :rolleyes:

tp_z

Picked this up yesterday, it seems high street shops were selling all this weeks releases early.

I'm liking it so far, although the tearing is shocking.

Anyway surprised there wasn't already a play and help thread so thought I'd start one.

Jay keep us informed on your thoughts on this game as your going along as this is in my..should i or shoudnt i buy pile..may get infamous instead as im not a massive gamer, but have started buying a game bout every 2 months..trade and buy a new or oldie i havent got yet..system works well for me!

I bought this today and the best word i can find to describe it over all is ok.

The gameplay is ok if not a bit repetitive.
The graphics are nothing groundbreaking but ok.

It's not got me hooked after an hour or so play, will come back to it and finish it. I do like how everything can be smashed up but that is not a long lasting appeal.

Not tried online yet i will give it a go later.

It's not got me hooked after an hour or so play, will come back to it and finish it. I do like how everything can be smashed up but that is not a long lasting appeal.

Not tried online yet i will give it a go later.

If it's anything like the demo I would have to agree with you. The demo was pretty poor with mediocre graphics and game play not to mention repetitive.

Tried to play online tonight which is hard work (not bad multiplayer when you can get on), many occasions i have been in a room of 10 people ready for it to start but the game decides otherwise and refreshes, thus starting the whole process of finding a game.

Tomorrow im going try take it back as i am far from happy with it.

What a load of garbage the online system is. I have sat here now for 30 mins and still cant get a game, is anyone playing this as it seems hard work getting even 10 players together. When you finally do and you're ready to go the matchmaking system kicks in again. Awful!

Very surprised how little attention this game is getting.

I received it in the post from ShopTo this morning, going to give it a blast and I'll let you know what I think. I thought the demo was awesome.

I pretty much agree, it's OK in small doses. I just don't get that 'one more go' feeling when playing.

I've personally found it very repetitive, and some missions have been so frustrating, but maybe that's because I'm crap.

The icing on the cake is the tearing.

The game is average, but the destruction is nice but it seems as though that's the only saving grace.

I'll be trading this one in.

I'm loving this so far. Been playing it on normal for a couple of hours and have just finished the first area. Sure the graphics aren't the best ever, but they're not bad at all. I've set the controls to alternative 1 and am finding the gameplay brilliant.
My only gripe so far is that you cannot shoot when you are in cover. You have to come out of cover to be able to shoot. I think this is stupid and needs to be sorted out.
Apart from that a great game so far I would say, 8/10 at the moment.

I have no idea what tearing is but I'm playing it via HDMI 720p on a 32" LCD and it looks great.

I have no idea what tearing is but I'm playing it via HDMI 720p on a 32" LCD and it looks great.

Click HERE for an example of screen tear. You will see that the image on the right hand side suffers from significant screen tear 3/4 of the way down. For a lot of people it can prove incredibly off putting when playing a game.

Click HERE for an example of screen tear. You will see that the image on the right hand side suffers from significant screen tear 3/4 of the way down. For a lot of people it can prove incredibly off putting when playing a game.

Wow that looks awful! I've never experienced or noticed that with any game I've ever played before.

Iv been playing this for several hours now and Im really enjoying it. I haven't noticed anything wrong with graphics, and im still not bored of driving a truck straight through a building.

Picked this up the other day as it was going cheap and I must say that it's pretty enjoyable. Loving the whole destructability of it and all in all it's pretty fun to play. The visuals are not bad IMO, although it's a shame there's no V Sync.

I got this cheap from Play.com a couple of weeks ago and started it at the weekend. Just over halfway through now and it's pretty good. It's a bit like Saints Row 2 (for graphics and general look and feel to the game) crossed with Mercenaries 2 (for the slightly repetitive missions and destructible enviroment).

At times I'm finding it to be very difficult though especially when a swarm of EDF soldiers appear all armed with gauss rifles, shotguns and those other laser gun things. Even with Level 2 armour you die very quickly if you aren't in a vehicle. The jetpack and sniper rifle are good though. Just get high enough up a mountain and pick off as many EDF as you can. The Nano rifle's great too

EDIT:

Just finished it. Overall it was good but some of the missions are a bit too difficult. I'd recommend finding a 'rail gun' as soon as possible though as you can see inside vehicles with them and easily take out the driver (white EDF troopers usually drop them). It's very useful for the final battle at the top of the mountain

Last edited:
Anyone else think this game would have been awesome with 2 player split screen coop?

Get a mate round with a few beers and destroy everything:(

Too many games dont have that feature.

Did anyone get the DLC? Having trouble with the last story mission and was wondering what weapons other players used. In the main game I had bother with the final mission too but found that using scoped weapons helped (rail gun, nano rifle + sniper rifle) but Samanya doesn't have access to any of those (as far as I know)

Hi, just wondered, have you noticed any faint banding on this game, faint lines in the back round going vertically down the screen? trying to work out if its the game or the tv?

thanks

Posted this on another thread as well but as these games are going for around £17 I've been deliberating getting either this, motorstorm pacific rift or splinter cell double agent, any thoughts? (for reference I'll be getting operation flashpoint as well, and a free copy of mirrors edge when I can be bothered to pick it up :D )

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom