Red Ethernet number light?

STANNY08

I have sky broadband and the sagemcom router. I have a few devices connected to it via Ethernet cables. Tv, sky box, Xbox one.

When I turn off the tv, ( when I say turn off, I mean put into standby using the remote) the relevant Ethernet port light goes off, obviously because it is not using the connection while in standby. When I turn off the sky box the relevant ethernet light stays on, because it's still using the connection.

However, when I turn off the Xbox one, the relevant light turns red. I don't know what this means, and can't find anything online. I could do with knowing, because I have a feeling it is trusted to the reason my Xbox one is unable to download updates while in standby mode.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Miss Chief

Are you doing a full power off on the XBone or just into standby so it can power up by voice command?

edd666999

I dont know off the top of my head because red light + Ethernet to mean just indicated the line speed i.e 100mbps/1000mbps.

Possibly (and im only thinking out loud) XBONE has WOL?

STANNY08

Ah, I guess your talking about wake on lan. I don't know if it does, I'll look into, but I think it is meant to just sit in a low power mode.

edd666999

Yeah Wake on lan. Maybe in the low power mode it keeps a connection to the router for update pings? I asked around at work and people only had guesses!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom