1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dwarf 5 With Limited Edition Starbug - £14.99

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Lawe, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Lawe

Lawe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get this while you can at this price. Cheapest I've seen anywhere.
    From play.com link HERE

Hope this helps all.

Cheers
    Lawe

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    NUTS........ PReordered it for £15.99 Argh :mad: Cant win em all!

3. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's only £1 after all. If I'd waited 2 months I could have bought my tv £375 cheaper. If that makes you feel any better. ;) :)

By the way, cd-wow have the non model version for £11.99.

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Its £14.99 again. Good spot, I love Red Dwarf :) :) Ordered it.

5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,762
    If you pre-ordered it from Play, they will charge you the lower price. I've just checked my pre-order on Play and it's showing at £14.99 :)

6. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Mine arrived today. Its a really nice box set for £15. My star bug is limited edition number 600 odd. Reckon this is a nice one to own :thumbsup:

Not going to open it, should have purchased another one really at that price to play with :( Doubt there will be anymore.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    My mates turned up from sendit but they sen the wrong one....................no starbug.......He was gutted

8. Passenger57

Passenger57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you visit the official Red Dwarf shop you can buy the models of Starbug, with a Red Dwarf model and Rimmer & Lister figures for £11.99. (It's the same Starbug that's with the Red Dwarf V DVD set)

9. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,762
    Mine arrived today on the first day in ages when I've not been working from home, so need to go and pick it up tomorrow.

10. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    For some reason, whichever way I configure the commentarys, I just can't seem to get the fans commentary. It's either the show without commentary, or with the casts. What the hell am I doing wrong? I have the fans commentary 'on' highlighted, and the casts 'off' highlighted, yet I get nothing. :confused:

11. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Great spot, thanks for that. Dosnt say you get any figures but looks great. Obviously ordered that as well :thumbsup: Man this forum costs me a fortune ! I have ordered this and one of those t shirts as well. Dont think I would dare ware it in public but nice for in the house.

I see what you mean it does look like you get a couple of figure but dosnt mention it anywhere on the order or descrription. Never the less the corgie die casts are worth having. I almost need to buy another one to play with. It never ends....

12. Passenger57

Passenger57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The fans commentary is only on the episode 'Back To Reality' - hope that helps.

Oh and Harris, did you see THIS at the Red Dwarf shop?! More information on it HERE!!

13. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Is it metal or plastic the bug.

14. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Its metal, from the weight. I have not opened the one which came with the boxset, seemed a shame to spoil the packaging. Its a nice size though like it.

Might open the other ones I have bought from the red dwarf shop, knowing how sad I am I will probably buy another set of the die casts from there and keep one of those mint as well. Very sad :rolleyes:

Image of the corgie bug here :

http://www.reddwarfshop.co.uk/images/RD049 Corgi StartBug.jpg

15. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I certainly did. :thumbsup:

My question is how big is it. Is it micro machines size. Or are those suckers starwars figure size. Sooooooooooo Cool though I am seriously tempted. I can hide the die casts from the Mrs but that think looks big. I dont know where I would store it to be honest.

Its micro machnie size :( Mind you not bad for £30. 25cm long. Bet they will be well collectable in a few years time, i know its a cult series and all that but I cant imagine they are producing enormous numbers of them.

16. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Anyone else recieve their gift set in terrible condition?

I got mine through today from Play.com and it looks worse than second hand, all the corners are crushed and I am quite annoyed because I emailed Play.com two weeks ago saying I was concerned that if it was sent in a bubble wrap envelope it would be crushed and it has, when will they learn.

Can anyone suggest anywhere I can order it from which will post it in a cardboard box?

17. Lawe

Lawe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine arrived yesterday and it was in perfect condition, how I don't know, just one of those lucky few that get's away with it from Play.

Why do they send packages like that in Jiffy's?

Have you tried Sendit??

18. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I must admit despite the poor packaging I have only ever had a problem once before with play. That was Futurma season 4 box set and it looked to me like the damage was done before shipping.

Its the only time I have actually returned a DVD I ordered online for a replacement as I wanted the full set perfect.

The Red Dwarf box set packaging is pretty flimsy to be honest but mine turned up in really good shape. Slight crease to bottom right corner a minor one to the top left and on one of the sides. I am fussy and I really cant complain to be perfectly honest. The bubble is near perfect and that is what normally takes the hit. You wouldnt get a better one in the shops if you could find one thats for sure.

I suppose it depends on how far it has to go and how careful posty has been on the way. Did the postman try to put it through your letter box as it clearly wont fit. Mine knocked on the door even though it was not signed for, hes good like that.

Incientally Play have sold out of the limited edition and wont be getting anymore :

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=478851

Amazon still have it in stock but you will have to pay the postage unless you order something else :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002XOZUQ/qid=1099999840/ref=pd_ka_1/202-9615480-8524652

Amazon use cardboard packaging other than that not sure really. You might struggle to get another one now, Amazon have the stock order whilst they have it. They still have them on the RedDwarf Shop as well:

http://www.reddwarfshop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=81

Its more expensive though and no idea how they package stuff.

19. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    That'd explain it. I thought they were on all 6 episodes. Thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't seem to get anything. :rolleyes: :laugh:

20. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Thanks for the tips, have gone ahead and ordered it from Amazon so should hopefully have it later this week and will send my current one back to Play.com for a refund.

Also, the postman didnt try forcing it through as it didnt come by him, it came via postvan along with my Sliders Boxset and my Fellowship of the Ring EE Collectors Boxset.

21. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Mine has turned up but havent opened it yet I really hope it is pristine...

22. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,762
    Fetched mine from the Post Office this lunch time and it's in perfect condition - or at least it was until I ripped it open to take it out of the packaging ! The model itself is fine, but there's no way you can take it out without ripping the cardboard it comes in.

23. ccparkhill

ccparkhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Paid £4 for mine - traded in 4 poundland DVDs to take advantage of MVCs trade in offer :D

24. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have recieved several box sets about this size including the Red Dwarf one from play and found them to be squashed. Its the weight of the box set combined with Play's insistence on using a jiffy bag where a box would be clearly better. A while ago I recieved the Star Wars trilogy from them damaged and was promised a replacement in stronger packaging and it still came in the same jiffy bag, so I ended up having a refund and getting it from my local Tesco where they were pristine. Guess Play are trying to save on postage costs these days. :thumbsdow

25. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Come on chaps we have to be realistic. They are normally much much cheaper than the high street and the service is excellent. The postage is free!

When you see the packaging of alot of the box sets in HMV and other high street retailers which have been banged around and handled by punters it puts it in perpective. At the end of the day as I said you have the opinion of using amazon and getting better packaging but the service is not as good, you have to pay for delivery and delivery times are normally longer. The Dvds and games are ususally more expensive as well. But its your choice, still dosnt gurantee they will be pristine.

I have ordered litterally hundreds of items from play and have only ever had one item come through with damaged packaging (touch wood).

26. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Doh SEndit sent me the standard edition even tho i perordered the Starbug special.....:mad: A wharehouse cock upand now out of stock!!!!!!! :mad: This is the last time i use them....... MUPPETS

27. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Amazon still have it get in there quick !

28. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Well they are due some more and have promised to ship me a replacement as soon as they come in...... but the woman on the phone really didnt seem to give a rats ass...When i ever i have had an issue with CDwow they have been great......