Red Dwarf 3 problems

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I hate these stupid menus they put on DVDs :mad:
I'm trying to access the bonus material on DVD2. I select "Bonus Material" from the main menu and it takes me to the screen but I can't move the red arrow around and it's annoying me. I'm trying to access the smeg-ups, can anyone help please ?

P.S. sometimes if I keep furiously pressing the arrow keys on my remote it moves onto another option (Hatties DJ or something like that)

It arrived today - I pre-ordered from Play

I can access all the bonus material when I play it on the PC, but I just can't get it to work on my DVD player.

It's okay for me,a bit tricky I grant you but if you press left or right occasionally whilst you are going up or down the "middle" section it will go the other options as well.

Yeah its a nightmare.

I tried accessing the same menu on my LG and couldnt get anywhere with it, however I took the disc upstairs to my humble £50 Pacific bedroom player and no probs whatsoever!!! I think the BBC have tried to be too clever with their menu system on RD3 and it looks like some players have trouble handling them. :(

Jay

Interesting, my DVD player is an LG

Whoever cam up with this menu system should be lined up against a wall and have a bazookoid shell fired where the sun dont shine!

Whoever cam up with this menu system should be lined up against a wall and have a bazookoid shell fired where the sun dont shine!

Agreed, let's get out there and tw*t them :D

I can access all the bonus material when I play it on the PC, but I just can't get it to work on my DVD player.
This is interesting, as I recall that RD1 bonus discs had problems running on PC's.

I have two LG players, different models, & it works fine on both. It appears to be one of THOSE problems i guess.

I recieved my copy of Red Dwarf Series 3 on saturday for play.com also and I cant select any of the extras using my Supervision DVD Player but it runs perfect on my Playstation 2 and computer but does stick a little on my xbox, maybe they will realise their mistake and do a replacement disc 2.

I posted this on reddwarf.co.uk and quite a few people there are having problems with the extras. It would appear that people with more expensive players are not having a problem.

They are collecting a list of players with problems on the red dwarf forum - and they are going to pass the details on to the BBC who are investigating the problem
Edit-
I did post the URL here but it won't let you in of you're not a registered member. If anyone wants the details please PM me

I really like the last few Red dwarf discs - the fact an entire series is in one box is just fantastic. Talk about shelf saving. I love it!

However, I agree, these menus are a bit annoying. For me, a bog standard still picture with a list of items would be much much better. Not bothered about the fancy animations.

Same with Family Guy - you have to wait until the intro has finished to select a video. Nooooooo! Just let me watch it please!!

I can't even access the normal bonus material, nevermind the easter eggs.
I also hate easter eggs ! Why should things be hidden ? If we have paid the money surely we are entitled to view the whole DVD without having to play a game of "where's Waldo" or some other such juvenile game :mad:

I'm sure there are sites that have lists of easter eggs for all DVDs - I'll have a look see if I can find them as soon as I've calmed down ;) :D

there's an R2 easter egg listing here
R2eastereggs
There's listings for the 1st 2 series but not for series 3 yet

I have only found 1 easter egg, not sure if there are any more but to access it you just go to the bonus features and wait for the polymorph to change into a rabbit, you will have a few seconds to select it then you will have an animated interview about Polymorph.

I got this on saturday and although I can get the bonus materials selected it's a real pain in the arse to navigate.

It's a stonking DVD though,the commentary is hilarious, great banter.As is the excellent documentary covering every aspect of making each show. Only 12.99 as well (dvd.co.uk preorder)Smeggin Bargain:p

Originally posted by PaulaB
Has anyone found the easter eggs?

...and another thing!! Why do they do these?! If I cant see it, then I'm not going to go looking unless someone points them out and I happen to see the post.

Crazy crazy DVD creator people....:suicide: :rolleyes:

Dont people like suprises, I think Easter Eggs are excellent, you think you have watched everything there is then you find an outtake or interview, nice little extras I think but accessing some of them is near impossible, anyone ever managed to access the outtakes on Star Wars Episode 1 and 2, only way I could was to select the actual files with PowerDVD

I've just had an email from the BBC:-

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry that you are having problems with accessing the special features on your Red Dwarf 3 DVD. The problem has been identified and solved with a new release of Red Dwarf 3.

The solution is that we offer 2 options on the Bonus Material menu: the already existing animated menu or a plain text menu, however if you have chosen the plain text route you will now be offered a static page of extras to access, including the Easter Egg.

As Series 4 has been designed the same way we have now applied this 2 menu option to series 4 so purchasers of series 4 in 2004 will be able to view all the extras one way or another.

Please return your existing Red Dwarf 3 DVD set to the following address:

BBC DVD Support
Floor 9
Skypark
1 Elliot Place
Glasgow
G3 8EP

We will post you a replacement disc on receipt.

:)

I posted out my Series 3 set today via recorded, hopefully they will have a quick turn around.

On another note, who has pre-ordered Series 4, only a few days to go now and I have always recieved my pre-order on the saturday before release, fingers crossed this will happen again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom