1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red dot on LCD?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by bubbus, Aug 13, 2002.

1. bubbus

bubbus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Panasonic digicam and have noticed that in pause mode a "red dot appears on the LCD". During playback this is not visible.
    Could someone please advise whether I should inform supplier (since it is still under guarantee) or is it a case of a single defective pixel?

2. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bubbus

I don't know the responce from Panasonic but JVC states in the "Troubleshooting" section of the instruction manual. "The LCD monitor ... very high-precision technology. However, black spots or bright spots of light (red, green or blue) may appear constantly on the LCD mnitor. These spots are not recorded on the tape. This is not due to any defect in the unit. ( Effective dots: more than 99.99% )"
    In other words they can't garantee that all pixels work properly.
    They are saying tuff Doo Doo to you!
    Drafter

3. bubbus

bubbus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers m8.
    Best regards to all.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a red dot on my panasoic cam in the top left when i put it in mega pixel mode. The pictures are taken with this red dot on it too. When I come out of mega pixel mode the red dot goes, as the picture size decreases.
    It's not worth the hassle of sending it off to be fixed etc.