• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Red Dead Redemption 2: Rockstar Confirms Sequel

majnu

Distinguished Member
Red Dead Redemption's long-rumoured follow-up is happening, Rockstar has confirmed in a new instalment of the studio's 'Asked and Asnwered' blog.

Rockstar received the question, "All I wanna know is is there goin to be a new Red Dead game any time soon?" over Facebook.

The studio responded with, "We love Red Dead too – and are thrilled that so many of you loved John Marston’s tale and are excited for more epic Western action."

"As we mentioned in our last set of Asked & Answereds to similar questions about the future of other game franchises like Bully and L.A. Noire, we don’t always rush to make sequels but that does not mean that we won’t get to them eventually."

"Stay tuned for further announcements about the future of the Red Dead series."

Back in April, NowGamer reported accounts from a 'Rockstar Insider' that the new Red Dead game will be called Red Dead Rebellion. Check out the details here.

Red Dead Redemption 2: Rockstar Confirms Development (News) - NowGamer

Lurking Lawyer

Distinguished Member
Excellent. I really enjoyed RDR.

Given its commercial success, it was inevitable really. It's only a question of when....

Rockstar don't seem to feel the need to hurry though. GTA is a licence to print money for them but it's not far off 4 1/2 years since GTA 4 came out.

richp007

Distinguished Member
jason g said:
i hope both RDR and LA Noire get good sequels made as i loved both those games.

Don't hold ya breath for any LA Noire sequel. As far as I am aware Team Bondi have gone, and I'm 99% sure Rockstar have confirmed there won't be another.

I

I Spiritus I

Just recently completed RDR and loved it, so actually really looking forward to this!

jason g

Distinguished Member
Don't hold ya breath for any LA Noire sequel. As far as I am aware Team Bondi have gone, and I'm 99% sure Rockstar have confirmed there won't be another.

the 1st game did well so i can see a future sequel, im pretty sure rockstar will keep it quiet so it can be an exclusive announcement, probably for the next gen console though.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom