Red Dead Redemption 2 fingers crossed for PC

Our Year

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Red Dead Redemption 2 will release worldwide in Fall 2017 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems.

An epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland, the game's vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Watch the Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer at 11AM Eastern on Thursday, October 20th here on Facebook, at rockstargames.com, as well at the official Rockstar Games YouTube and Twitch pages.

rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2

14650631_10154524732835097_2794600662538397593_n.jpg

Fingers crossed for PC! But ill be grabbing a PS4 Pro in November so im set either way!

maybe in 4 years time, like they did for GTA 5 :)

Poster looks quite influenced by some of the newer Quentin Tarantino films, which can't be a bad thing.

Well that's a console game for me then, no way I'm waiting for a PC release :D

Considering the money R* must have made from GTA online PC players, they'd be mad not to bring it to PC.

I predict a double-dip inspiring late release, as was for GTA5. Perhaps a PC release along with the PS5 and Xbox Two re-release.

I reckon PC will be added to the roster shortly so no need to panic. :smashin:

Never played the original since there's no pc version. Hope they come through with this one.. plus a re-master of the original has been talked about, would like that on pc too lol

just read a negative review on Steam for GTAV from someone with 1500 hours saying "cant support this game because r* are not bring RDR2 to PC"

So lame, it will arrive on the PC im sure and maybe the wait wont be too long after.

Yeah and where is RDR1? Ba dum tissss!

There seem to be conflicting "truths" about the lack of the PC port of RDR. One is that the code is a mess or indecipherable and there wasn't the appetite or expertise to sort it out. Another was that the GTA4 port was so poorly received that it put them off.

Still, they've coined it in from GTA5 on the PC so I'm choosing to be optimistic :)

I would be very surprised if this didn't come to the PC as well due to the development path for the newer consoles being so similar to PC now. It could be understood to a degree why this wasn't the case in the past as certain console development paths were quite bespoke, along with them probably having to revisit graphic assets. Now though, there really is no excuse at all not to release on PC at the same time, it would just be lost revenue if they didn't.

The plan could be to release on consoles first and then on PC so they get double dippers paying for it twice ;)

The plan could be to release on consoles first and then on PC so they get double dippers paying for it twice ;)
There is that, but the potential reasons as to why with regard to the past RDR title not appearing on the PC shouldn't be an issue this time around.

Choo Choo .. The Red Dead Redemption Hype train has begun...

I bet this will be a phased release just like the GTA series, Console first then after a year or so PC.
The Rockstar business model has been built around this strategy & I cant see this being any different, except this time I wont be buying into the console side of things so will have to wait until Fall 2018 :)

Looks very pretty, but I am very skeptical that that is running on a base PS4 or Xbox.

Can easily see that running on consoles, doesn't look that mind blowing. Grass and trees are pretty poor, it's not a patch on ROTR.

Can easily see that running on consoles, doesn't look that mind blowing. Grass and trees are pretty poor, it's not a patch on ROTR.
:facepalm:

See, that's why PC gamers have a bad reputation. RDR was easily one of the top 5 games of the last console generation and that game is getting a sequel so who gives a rat's ass what the grass and trees look like?!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom