1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red colour band at top of 42pma400e

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dougall, Sep 5, 2003.

1. dougall

dougall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to be having more problems!!! I am connecting my dvd player and sky to the plasma through a js rgb to component convertor. The convertor had to be modified as i was initially receiving "out of frequency" messages on the screen. Now I have the box back it seems to show a faded red colour at the top and bottom (mainly top) that appears every few seconds.

Has anyone experienced this or know what the problem is?...i am beginning to think i can't use the JS with the Hitachi but it is fine for sky d though.

Has anyone set the hitachi up using a JS convertor (component) and had no problems?????

Any suggestions....

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    It seems to me that the combination of the Pioneer DVD player's fast output, and the slow rate the Hitachi screen can adapt to is the main cause of the problem here. The modification has helped allow you to lock to the input, but the screen is still having difficulty getting the colours right.

We had the modified unit on test with different equipment and it was giving a fantastic image.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.