Red Button stream record

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by caldirun, Feb 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. caldirun

caldirun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Foxsat HDR with CF, I have set the Ch 981, RB 1 to freesat and visible in channel editor but still no option to record when I left click the program in the EPG.
    I have looked at the EPG info, is it not possible to edit this to allow scheduled recording of the Winter Olympics stream? or is it only possible to input times manually?
    edit ..
    Strange thing is it is letting me make a reservation from the EPG on the TV, just the Web IF EPG not offering it as an option.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. adrianf36

adrianf36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Hi,

Apologies for the slow response.

The EPG pages on the web interface only allow recordings of programmes where the Freesat EPG data provides a programme or series identifier for the recordings. Most programmes on most channels have these. However, for the Red Button channels very few do. Currently only 8 programmes (all related to the winter olympics) have programme CRIDs and could be recorded via the WebIf EPG pages. The first one at the moment with a programme CRID is tonight on RB1 at 22:30 (Winter Olympics : Today at the games).

You can however set a manual timed recording from the Web Inteface using the button at the bottom of the "Scheduled Events" page.

The EPG pages on the box iteself are obviously setting a manual, timed recording for the programme if no CRIDs exist for the programme. Perhaps a possible future enhancement to the WebIf EPG pages ;)

Lastly, you can see if a programme has a programme or series CRID by clicking on the "Show Raw EPG Info" link at the bottom of the "Programme Details" popup in the WebIf EPG pages. If the values ECRID (programme or event CRID) and/or SCRID (Series CRID) show as "{}" there is no data with which to set a recording via the WebIf EPG pages.

3. caldirun

caldirun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thank you for a very clear and detailed reply. May I also say how stable I am now finding the Web Interface, it has progressed over the years from freezing quite often to now being a superb package, very well done all involved.