• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Red blur coming from black areas on Samsung LE40M87BD

B

BucksUncle1980

This problem is driving me crazy. I think it's ghosting but I'm not sure.

When I'm playing the 360 or PS3, and pan the camera horizontally, any dark black areas have a red trail following them that bleeds into coloured areas. When I stop moving the camera the red trail goes away. It also happens when watching dvd's. If someone has dark hair the red trail will appear when they move their head.

Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it? Any idea what causes it or if I can fix it? I've already phoned Samsung and they got some local firm (wasn't even samsung) to come and collect it and fix it. They didn't fix anything. All they said was "it's fixed to spec" when they brought it back.

Any ideas?

KUBBY

Hi,

Have you got Movie Plus set to ON in the menus ? This will give this effect.

KH

B

BucksUncle1980

Movie Plus is set to off by default. It isn't selectable anyway. It is grayed out so I can't turn it on even if I wanted to. I tried changing from movie to dynamic and standard and Movie Plus wasn't selectable on any of them.

I think I can only turn Movie Plus on on scart and component connections. The 360 and PS3 are both connected through HDMI.

The people who tried to fix it said something about Movie Plus when they brought the tv back. The only things I can change on that page of settings are Digital NR and Screen Size. Everything else is grayed out.

B

BucksUncle1980

Ok. I fixed it but I'm not sure if my tv is still faulty.

I fixed it by making the picture brighter. When I turn up the brightness, obviously the blacks aren't as dark, and this stopped the red blur coming from the dark areas when I move the camera.

Very strange.

Anyone else with this screen notice this when you turn down your brightness?

dmitso

Standard Member
My LE40A656 doing another trick with red and black.
Easy way to check it, fill some cells in excell with red color
and type inside something black. Then check with green cells for example.
I don't know is this normal or may be you know how to fix this???

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom