1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red banding

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sniffer66, Dec 12, 2004.

1. sniffer66

sniffer66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,367
    I have a Panny PW5 and have just started to notice a very pale band of red (approx 1.5")at the very top of the displayed picture. Its only visible on white or very light colours and then its only intermittent

Its not that portion of the physical screen as it moves with the picture if I change the aspect ratio or letterbox 4:3.

I'm feeding both dvd and sky via high quality fully wired scart to a Keene Scart to Component converter and then via QED scart to component cable into the Pannys component board

Any ideas ?
    Thanks

2. suicidal_maniac

suicidal_maniac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try removing everything apart for one source ie straight from your dvd player using one lead(also try swaping the one lead), if its still there try straight from some thing else...then try going in through another port...basically try and eliminate everything one by one...if you do all that and its still there it has to be something to do with the screen...good luck