Recurring "thing"

McVicar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK so I hope you're not eating brekkie.

Over the last 2 years I've had some kind of "thing" that's graced me with its presence 3 times (now being the third). It's slowly disappearing now (near end of this course of antibiotics) but my GP has no idea what may be causing it.

When it reared its ugly head the first time it was on a Friday evening so by the time I got to the GP's on Monday it was full on and unfortunately I don't have any photos for reference. (You should thank me for that anway:))

The next time it started to come on I felt something unusual and recognised that feeling from the first time so got to the GP asap. I think because I caught it early (straight on the antibiotics, this and last time time only flucloxacillin) it didn't get as bad/didn't have as much time to develop.

However I still have no idea what may be the cause/influence. Frustrating! If anyone has had something similar or know of anyone that has please let me know cheers :)

A few pictures........
look.jpg

look.jpg

01.jpg
Any pointers greatly appreciated :clap:

Attachments

• no.jpg
    no.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 157
I've hidden the pictures in a spoiler alert so the faint hearted don't see them in their full glory. Can't help with the diagnosis, looks nasty though.

I'm no expert but could it be a bad case of Ringworm?
I've seen some pictures where the centre is raised and white like that and you do appear to have a red halo around it.

just a thought

It's not something GP mentioned as a possible cause. It's the surrounding area that's raised (pictures not very good at showing that). GP says it's an abcess/boil- I'm sorry I now realise I didn't put that in the original post, but he found the form of it unusual (centre part made up of lots of nodules if that's the correct term? Said he hadn't seen one like that before. The photos from the first time I had it would have showed more detail but were lost when my old phone got sent away for repair.

What I was really getting at was that he said he hadn't seen one like that before, didn't know what could have caused it (would be unreasonable of me to think otherwise i know) but now the third time in doesn't know why it's reappearing and in exactly the same place and taking the same form. Seems likely (to me anyway) there's an underlying factor, just be good to know if there's a way to stop it recurring. Asked me in for blood tests so that may shine some light

This is not a whine by the way:) far from it, just be good to know.

Thanks for the suggestion though I'll chuck that in there when I go in. :smashin:

I couldn't say but as a kid I once came out in something like that on my left thigh then another time in my left armpit. Both times was within a day or two of using radox bubble bath. So I stopped using it and they have never come back.
Mine was an infection which I had many satisfying hours poking with sterilised needles and squeezing lots of pus out of...

3 times in 2 years isn't a massive worry but maybe ask your GP if its worth swabbing for something called PVL. It's not a big worry but can cause recurrent skin infections, can be decolonised if it is.

Looks like eggs to me, and personally I'm seeing this happening if it's not treated:

84cbfdb7c88561898a7aa91048c8df40.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom