Rectangle of Death LG 55E7

Reaction score
Hi,

This has probably been covered dozens of times, but it’s the first time I have been aware of it. My TV which is approx 15 months old has developed strange vertical banding and the rectangular box in the middle. I spoke the TVs insurer (D&G) who sent out a local TV repair firm to fix the TV.

They said that they may replace the panel, but am I correct in thinking that it’s the software that is causing the issue and that it will just affect the new panel after a while?

Thanks

Matt

Hi,

This has probably been covered dozens of times, but it’s the first time I have been aware of it. My TV which is approx 15 months old has developed strange vertical banding and the rectangular box in the middle. I spoke the TVs insurer (D&G) who sent out a local TV repair firm to fix the TV.

They said that they may replace the panel, but am I correct in thinking that it’s the software that is causing the issue and that it will just affect the new panel after a while?

Thanks

Matt

It's a software issue, that was discovered back in April 2018. It's the look up table issue.
It's not a panel issue.

It will be covered out of warranty, per RTINGS conversation with LG.

For specifics, you can look here:

It's a software issue, that was discovered back in April 2018. It's the look up table issue.
It's not a panel issue.

It will be covered out of warranty, per RTINGS conversation with LG.

For specifics, you can look here:

Thanks. So will the new panel installed have to new software installed on it, or is there a OTA update I can do? I’m very concerned this is going to happen again.

Thanks. So will the new panel installed have to new software installed on it, or is there a OTA update I can do? I’m very concerned this is going to happen again.

LG's support has known to be inconsistent with their knowledge of fixing this issue.

Some posters had the software corrected and some did not. The ones that did not get the software corrected had to call LG back for another service repair. It depends on what the tech support and repair guy get approved.

You can read other people's experience in this search: 25% window "LG" "OLED" - Google Search

Had this happen on my Panasonic EZ952, it appeared after running the TV's first long compensation cycle.

Definitely a panel fault and John Lewis arranged for the panel to be replaced. This was done at home and the new panel is fault free :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom