***recruits modest set up***

R

recruit

It's been a while since I posted pictures of my set up so here it is now as it is...

IMG00095-20100616-1222.jpg

IMG00103-20100616-1226.jpg

IMG00101-20100616-1226.jpg

IMG00100-20100616-1225.jpg

IMG00097-20100616-1223.jpg

IMG00017-20100330-1332.jpg

IMG00005-20100206-1138-1.jpg

IMG00004-20100206-1137-1.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture quality but taken with my Blackberry :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice mate.

Really nice set-up I particularly like the look of your PJ very clean and crisp. Out of interest though where is the screen hiding to?

Cheers chaps :)

I got the cabinet at my local PC World, they were retailing for approx £400 and I got it for £150 as it was on clearance so grabbed a bargain, very good quality tbh and had been looking for sometime for a decent AV cabinet.

Really nice set-up I particularly like the look of your PJ very clean and crisp. Out of interest though where is the screen hiding to?

Thanks, it is above my kit and fixed to the ceiling and have attached a picture of it.

Attachments

• IMG00014-20091007-1143.jpg
    IMG00014-20091007-1143.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 102
I forgot to add what surrounds I am running so here are a couple of pics of the excellent M&K Column Surrounds CS29's.

cs29-2.jpg

cs29-1.jpg

I forgot to add what surrounds I am running so here are a couple of pics of the excellent M&K Column Surrounds CS29's.

Shame on you :D I don't think I could ever sell my CS35's :nono:

Cracking setup you have there John :cool:

Is that an oak 400 ?

cheers Paul, the surrounds are the only bit of kit that i have not changed in 6 years, best surrounds ever made for normal living rooms IMO :cool:

No the 400 is cherry but it is only temporary until I make up my mind on what sub to gor for, there seems to be quite a few new ones out and coming out even SVS have there SB13 & SB16 which looks good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent!:smashin:

How do they compare to the M&K's?

Excellent!:smashin:

How do they compare to the M&K's?

Cheers Medrep1 :thumbsup:

For music the ProAc's are in another league and I have been going through nearly all my CD's again and they have got better the longer they have been in my system, really are incredible floorstanders and very musical, with movies well I have not watched that many but I am more than happy with there performance although I do not think they will play as loud although I have played near reference levels but they are a harder load to drive and suck up the power quite quickly, I think these speakers will be staying for quite some time and would recommend anyone to take a listen if looking for a quality high end floorstander :)

Looks great John, that cabinet was a steal.

The ProAc's look good, I demoed a pair with a Cyrrus system last year, just sublime. Hope you aren't missing the M&K's too much! Hoping to get over to check them out at their new home soon.

What do you think of the AE3000? I'm considering an AE4000, but I'm not sure I want to go back to LCD after using an SXRD projector.

Looks great John, that cabinet was a steal.

The ProAc's look good, I demoed a pair with a Cyrrus system last year, just sublime. Hope you aren't missing the M&K's too much! Hoping to get over to check them out at their new home soon.

What do you think of the AE3000? I'm considering an AE4000, but I'm not sure I want to go back to LCD after using an SXRD projector.

Cheers Ian :thumbsup:

I am very impressed with the Panasonic as I previously had an SXRD PJ myself too, the black levels are very good indeed and also brightness levels, I have not tried the 2:35.1 mode but that is a nice feature to have and the 4000 is supposed to be even better :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom