Recovery sector problem

cherrcherryball

What has happpened was I sold my old pc but the buyer didnt want the hard drive as they had their own or the PSU so I took them out.

Problem is I accidently gave them the wrong recovery discs, the ones for my laptop and factory restored the one from the sold pc but now it doesnt work on my new pc saying its not designed for it.

All I need to do is go into the recovery sector and make discs to send to buyer but I cant unless I can find someway to bypass the tattoo check for the model (compaq sr2129uk)

FireKracker

Surely contacting the buyer, explaining the situation can resolve the dilemma?

D

Deleted member 293381

Hi

Yeah - FireKracker is right. No other way round it - have to get the correct disk back to restore stuff.

Very strange situation! :confused:

Alan

cherrcherryball

Not really I factory resetted the HD after selling the other so I had Vista on mine till I could get a oem for my current main one but it didnt work because of the motherboard tattoo not being there so needs the same mobo back(or one the same model)

Anyway strangely it now works, somehow even though I formatted it and did factory restore is gone back to how it was before the restore so made discs but confused.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom