recovering profile - deletes saved games? help

vaporand

Novice Member
i recently recovered my brothers profile on my xbox 360 and downloaded texas hold 'ems for him, so when he has broadband back on he can download and play it free... however, when i was going through the recover profile process, i was told that any saved games on the hdd will be wiped for that user...
therefore when my brother puts his profile back on his 360 will it delete his saved games off his hdd?

jonnydynamite

Novice Member
There seems to be a bit of a gap in my understanding of how the arcade games are stored with your account. I previously had to send my 360 back to MS to be fixed and they sent me a brand new console. I had kept the hard drive so it still has all my saved arcade games on. However, if I try to play them offline then I can only access the trial versions and have to connect to the internet again to gain access to the full versions. Anyone know a way to correct this?

themanwithapc

Novice Member
vaporand said:
i recently recovered my brothers profile on my xbox 360 and downloaded texas hold 'ems for him, so when he has broadband back on he can download and play it free... however, when i was going through the recover profile process, i was told that any saved games on the hdd will be wiped for that user...
therefore when my brother puts his profile back on his 360 will it delete his saved games off his hdd?
I've heard that even though it says this, no saves will actually be deleted. I'd still double check with someone just in case.

jonnydynamite said:
There seems to be a bit of a gap in my understanding of how the arcade games are stored with your account. I previously had to send my 360 back to MS to be fixed and they sent me a brand new console. I had kept the hard drive so it still has all my saved arcade games on. However, if I try to play them offline then I can only access the trial versions and have to connect to the internet again to gain access to the full versions. Anyone know a way to correct this?
Yeah, the games are tied to yuor original console. Best thing to do is to call up MS and explain it to them. Someone else did this and was refunded points back to a new gamercard, so that he could redownload the games on a new console.

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Yeah its weird, some arcade can be played offline but most cant, just says trial.
U would'nt think the console has any effect on this as it's the HD it reads but dunno.
Im on my 2nd 360 and noticed this a few weeks ago. eg. Texas Holdem can be played offline.
Never notice this with first machine offline so cant say.

Top Bottom