Recovering Gamertag to the same console

jack yaz

Standard Member
This may have been covered before but my searches couldnt find it. Is it possible to recover my gamertag to my same console, having not moved it anywhere? This problem arises from Fallout 3. On the Xbox 360 version, on my console it says I have unlocked all the achievements, 72 out of 72. However when viewed from the Xbox website, or when a friend compares to mine, it says i only have 69 out of 72, the 3 locked ones being the Broken Steel quest achievements. How do i go about fixing this? I have heard recovering my gamertag will fix it, but does this incur a loss of my save games or DLC? any help would be really appreciated. if you would like to check, my gamertag is Jack Yaz.

p.s. the fact that i changed the name of my gamertag a few months ago, will this cause any problems when recovering?

cheers

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Xbox live should be a carbon copy of the profile on your hdd, so do the gamerscores for the game on your console and on live match up?

jack yaz

Standard Member
Xbox live should be a carbon copy of the profile on your hdd, so do the gamerscores for the game on your console and on live match up?
My gamertag on Xbox Live is missing 3 achievements that my console reports I unlocked. It was caused by a bug in Fallout 3's Broken Steel DLC. Ive since been told by a user on here that recovering my gamertag should overwrite my consoles tag thus allowing me to replay the content and unlock the achievements.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom