Recovering accidentally deleted emails

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I just had a big email clear out and now I have realised I deleted some important emails from Outlook 2003.

Is there any way to get these back? If I do a wind back via system restore will that put my email pst files back to pre delete?

Thanks.

if you have previously backup your pc might be worth looking at your backup's for *.pst files which will be all entire mailbox once you have the file should be able to view the files as a new folder and then just select the emails you want to keep

if you have previously backup your pc might be worth looking at your backup's for *.pst files which will be all entire mailbox once you have the file should be able to view the files as a new folder and then just select the emails you want to keep

Been a while since I have done a backup!

Doing one now!

rather than doing a full backup just copy your *.pst file to a usb stick

And also set your outlook to leave emails on the server for a period of time before they get removed off the server.

NTZOCHe.png

That way you can always access your email from a web browser to get back to your last 14 days worth. Of course not much use if you deleted one of a few months ago! Depending on your email/POP storage and your email traffic, you may get away with much longer.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom