Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

recording

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hamilton, Jan 22, 2002.

1. hamilton

hamilton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone out there help me with my setup?
    I have an amstrade double decker video,2 scarts.
    a goodmans tv with 2 scarts,a pace digibox,2 scarts and a goodmans dvd3500pk.what i would like to know is how can i connect it all together so i can record the dvd onto a video tape.any help would be appreciated.

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you had the dvd player modified to disable macrovision and is your video able to record NTSC (asuming it is R1 material you want to copy)/

3. hamilton

hamilton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my dvd player is handset hackable,so no mods required on that front.I am just querying how to set up to do recording at the moment,I have tried to record but with one setup i got no pictrure,and with another setup i got a picture but no sound.Do i have to disable macrovision to record dvds even if they are region two?

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Macrovision is used for all regions, including R2.

Most handset hacks make the player multi-region but do not disable macrovision. Recording a R1 title (assuming you get the player modified to disable macrovision) would give you a black and white picture unless you get an NTSC recording capable vcr, which the majority sold are not.

The only connection needed once you have all this is the scart lead between the dvd and the vcr.