Recording with RX-V750

Tarsh

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of using one of these as my AV hub for Telewest, DVD & VCR; feeding component out to a Panny 42PWD7.

Has anyone got a 750 with a DVD-R and/or VCR connected?

The manual says you can only record Composite to Composite or S-Video to S-Video, but it doesn't mention Component.

If the Telewest is fed in via a JS RGB to component convertor, can you record onto the DVD-R or VCR which can only receive via S-Video or Composite?

Hope this makes sense, my heads spinning with all this info.. :eek:

No, it's not possible since there is no down-conversion from component performed by the receiver. It can only upconvert from composite/S-video to S-video/component for the monitor output, whereas the rec outputs route the respective input signals separately.

Thanks for that.

This seems a problem to me then as Telewest only outputs RGB or Composite via SCART but the Amp doesn't accept RGB, so I can only record Telewest in composite which is the worst signal.

I suppose I could go direct from Telewest to DVD-R but then I can't watch a prgram while recording another, can I?

I wonder how everyone else manages all these inputs for recording/viewing. :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom