1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording/Watching different channel

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by js1, Sep 20, 2004.

1. js1

js1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a JCB pcb 42 plasma screen linked to a Toshiba RDXS32 dvd recorder and sky box. The screen has no tuner and is linked from the recorder by scart to phono leads. Can anyone tell me how I can set it up so i can watch a different channel to the one recording? I have an old video recorder that could be connected if that would help but Im not sure how it would be connected at the same time as the DVD?

thanks

2. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Basically you need something with an inbuilt tuner, i.e. your old video or a freeview box

3. js1

js1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Leigh but would you link the video directly to the plasma screen instead of, or as well as the DVD? Or would you link the video only with the dvd linked to the video?

thanks

4. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Im not sure on what would be the best configuration TBH.

Actually i presume your DVD recorder has an inbuilt tuner? I have a DVD recorder setup as follows:

TV Aerial--------|
    Sky -----> DVD Recorder --------TV
    DVD TV Aerial out-----------------|

My DVD recorder has a scart pass thru option, so if im recording from normal TV i can select pass thru and watch Sky, and if im recording from Sky i can watch normal TV as the aerial is connected to my TV as well.

Hope this helps.