Recording & viewing digital TV

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alban, Jun 15, 2005.

1. alban

alban

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I apologise for what is i'm sure is a rather basic question. I currently have a Freeview tuner - this of course prevents me watching a different digital channel to the one being recorded. If i want to limit myself to a single Freeview tuner am I correct in saying that my only way of watching and recording seperate digital stations is by buying a DVD recorder, with its own tuner, such as the yet to be made available Panasonic EH60?

If I am on the wrong track& there are other solutions i would welcome some advice.

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The current Sony dvdr with built in Freeview,and no doubt all the ones on the way,will be single tuners,so although you could record one and watch a different one on your Freeview box,the best idea is still a Fusion or Thomson Freeview HDD recorder.From around £170 upwards,these beauties will let you record one channel while watching another,or even record 2 different channels simultaneously while you watch an earlier recording,just like Sky+.
    If you don't plan to collect/archive dvd recordings forget the dvd recorder and go for a Freeview PVR

3. alban

alban

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for pointing me towards an alternative & cheaper solution. Do you know if these Freeview tuners with HDD have the output sockets to connect to a PC to burn a DVD? I have a multiformat DVD recorder on my PC.

4. jackpot

jackpot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    apologies for bring up an old thread but does anyone have an answer to the question from alban on how to transfer recording on a PVR HD to a PC DVD

If it can be done is there a loss in quality?

thanks

5. Mike Austin

Mike Austin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would also like to know. I had my eyes on the forthcoming Humax PVR9200T with usb connection but, according to the manual, it seems to connect one way only: PC --> PVR. I am looking elsewhere now. Any suggestions?

6. jackpot

jackpot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike
    I found this thread on the PVR forum if youve not already seen it

www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235329

It lost me when it started talking about transmission streams, Programme streams and project X
    You may have better luck than me with understanding it