1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording video to RAM

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nwgarratt, Dec 12, 2003.

1. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,821
    I copied a RAM recording to the Hard disc and then MPEG2VCR to edit out the adverts. This is is actually better than using TMPGEnc DVD Author as it shows all the frames. It creates a new mpeg file that can be used to create VOB's in DVD Author.

I would like to copy the files back to RAM in my burner to play back on my E50. However, if I try to use the VR recording wizard in Ulead Videostudio it says the audio and video is incompatable.

The audio and video is still the same format as when on the RAM, I just took out the adverts.

I have a LG 4040B burner.

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Cant you just copy the revised file back to the ram ovewriting the original unedited one? It is in effect just a revised data file?

3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,821
    No.

I have had some success. If i put the mpg file through DVD Author first to create VOB files, then join them to make one big VOB file. Then rename the file to MPG, I can then put them in the VR recording wizard and create RAM files.

The problem is getting the burner to create a Panasonic E50 compatible disc. It came up with unformat and wouldn't format. I ended up erasing the disc in DVDINFOPRO and then the disc formatted in the E50. Almost screwed up a disc.

Update.

I managed to burn some files to the RAM using explorer. I had to turn the built in CD recording function.