1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording via AV3 on the Sony KV32FQ80

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mmm, Jan 9, 2003.

1. mmm

mmm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A neat little feature with this TV. You can alter the source (ie. AV1, AV2, AV4, AV5) such that it records to the VHS (AV3). At anytime you can enter the menu system and select another source without having to change over scart leads etc. NICE...BUT...

If you turn the TV off or even put it on standby - then you don't record anything but static !! what seemed to be the answer to recording any source without the hassle of swapping over scart leads - seems to be a waste of time.

Ah! I hear you say - does the FQ80 not have the TV timer off facility? why yes. It does and very nice it is too. BUT! it only goes upto 90mins...doh! which without stating the obvious - is not enough time (damn just stated it, didnt I).

Anyway, have I missed the point to this feature? as I think that Sony fcuked what could have been a neat little feature.

cheers

m

2. J35TER

J35TER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same TV and have discovered the same flaw in the otherwise cool feature.

I'm glad I noticed your post, as I thought it was me that was doing something wrong... I've re-connected the entire system a couple of times, thinking that I'd plugged something in wrong.

Should have known it was an undocumented feature. :mad:

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    I am a little confuse with the above post :rolleyes:

I am not fully with you what you mean and what you trying to do.

If you trying to record a tv program with the tv being off I am sure you can as the arial cable or what ever goes through the video in rf doesnt it?

Or is there somthing I am getting?

As this tv is at the top of my list at the moment. as i am interested in buying one

4. mmm

mmm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Normally you would connect whatever you wanted to record directly to your VHS. But with this TV you can select whatever AV chennel you want to go through AV3 which they suggest is the VHS. I guess the TV redirects the signal to AV3.

m

5. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    So are you saying, If I set my vcr to record channel 3 when i am out it wont record unless the tv is on. I find this rubbish as the arial goes through the VCR anyway so the VCR is picking up the signal before the tv does