Recording VHS onto a hard drive.

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by sapper, Jan 23, 2005.

1. sapper

sapper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    For give me if I am asking a question that has been already asked. Searching this forum, whislt finding lots of stuff, does not seem to answer my query.

I have an Asus AMD motherboard with a XP 30 processor. Graphics card is an Sapphire Radeon 9600 Graphics card with 256 MB of memory. I also currently have a Nebula Digitv card

What is the easiest (and cheapest) method to archive VHS video onto hard drive?

I want to record short (~15 minutes) training videos onto hard drive/DVD for playing on lap tops. This stops our requiremetn for lugging VHS machines around to connect to the projector.

I have looked at the swwtspot sight, and (whilst can be problematic) seems to be a good pieve of kit. Im just unsure if i want to spend £200 to achive this aim.

Any comments/thoughts would be most appreciated.

One further point, I have MCE 2005. So if it were MCE compatable, that wqould be, indeed a bonus.

Adrian

2. Rambles

Rambles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Not too sure if you can do it with your existing nebula card as it is a digital card, but all you need is a cheap analogue tv or capture card, like a Hauppauge WinTV for around £25 - should do the trick.

Last edited: May 29, 2017