• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recording upscaled output from a Optoma HD3000

barrykap

I may obtain a Optoma HD3000 which has HDMI outputs.

If I fed my old Beta and VHS machines into it, I would like to record the improved output on a DVD recorder which has analogue RGB/stereo audio input.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

Avi

Distinguished Member
I may obtain a Optoma HD3000 which has HDMI outputs.

If I fed my old Beta and VHS machines into it, I would like to record the improved output on a DVD recorder which has analogue RGB/stereo audio input.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

You will need a device the accepts HDMI that will then output video and audio in an appropriate analogue format i.e. something like this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet®-Compo...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323510745&sr=1-1

Bear in mind any limitation of the recoding device/signal-interface format and multiple DAC/ADC processes in terms of any benefit that may be gained from the video processing.

Avi

Last edited:

barrykap

Thanks.

But isn't that device you mentioned do it the wrong way round? I have a HDMI 'source' at this point, from the upscaler, which I want to 'convert' to a RGB+audio feed. This device seems to convert it the other way.

I am aware of conversion failings, but the original source of Beta signal is so bad it needs adjustment via the upscalers video improvements stage to get anything decent out of it. I am sure the "upscaling-downscaling" will result in a better recording than without.

Cheers.

Barry.

Avi

Distinguished Member
Thanks.

But isn't that device you mentioned do it the wrong way round? I have a HDMI 'source' at this point, from the upscaler, which I want to 'convert' to a RGB+audio feed. This device seems to convert it the other way.

I am aware of conversion failings, but the original source of Beta signal is so bad it needs adjustment via the upscalers video improvements stage to get anything decent out of it. I am sure the "upscaling-downscaling" will result in a better recording than without.

Cheers.

Barry.

Sorry I linked the wrong product. There are probably many products and you need to assess what meets your need but "something like" this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Compon...5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323515961&sr=1-5

Even with a video processor it's usually a case of garbage in garbage out.

Avi

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom