Recording to USB problem UN73006LA

Hallix

Standard Member
I’m trying to sort out a friends recording problem and hope someone can help.

We've attached a USB memory stick and this seems to be recognised. When I press the Recordings menu it identifies the stick and shows options for pics, music and video which are all empty at present.

When looking at the EPG there doesn’t seem to be an option to record but if I look at the programme list it gives an option to record a current programme. However when trying to action this it displays a message to insert a USB stick and the programme doesn’t record.

I hope my description of the problem is clear and that someone can tell me what we are doing wrong. Thanks in anticipation.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Insert a HDD (into whatever USB has “HDD” printed next to it) and see if it gives you the option to format it.
If it does then have a look in the EPG and see if the Record option is there.

Hallix

Standard Member
Insert a HDD (into whatever USB has “HDD” printed next to it) and see if it gives you the option to format it.
If it does then have a look in the EPG and see if the Record option is there.
Thanks for the advice. Does it have to be an HDD, or would an alternative USB memory stick suffice?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
USB sticks aren’t recommended for TV recording due to constant read/write.
HDD's are made for this.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom