Recording to Micro SD card - LG TV - 43UK6400PLF

senses

Novice Member
My brother recently borrowed me his external hard drive so I could test the TV recording feature of my LG 43UK6400PLF. It worked really well only there is a humming noise from the hard drive spinning. I went out and bought a 256 Micro SD card with a USB adaptor, but when I plugged it into the TV it said the device was not supported for recording. The card itself works fine, I have plugged it into a laptop and moved files to and from it.

Do you know if there is a way to use this for recording or why it is not working?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
The TV is probably detecting the device type and has determined that the either the read, write or read and write speeds aren’t fast enough for reliable performance. I’ve not been able to get successful recordings using USB thumb drives with my LG TV, and the results using a bus-powered USB hard drive haven’t been brilliant either. If you have a hard drive that works get some rubber isolating feet from the likes of Amazon to help dampen the mechanical noise, or use a USB extension cable so that you can put the drive somewhere where you can’t hear it.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom