• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recording to DVD

JayCee

Distinguished Member
CadmannUK said:
Hi All,

Is it possible to record from a Sky+ box out to a DVD, or copy a file to a PC?

Thanks

Cad

Yes...that's what the Sky+ "Copy" facility does...outputs the progs from the HD in real time to the scart sockets and if you connect the outputs to a DVDR, VCR or PC you can record them.

WideEyedFox

Established Member
JayCee said:
Yes...that's what the Sky+ "Copy" facility does...outputs the progs from the HD in real time to the scart sockets and if you connect the outputs to a DVDR, VCR or PC you can record them.
Thanks - I was wondering what that was all about. ;-)

neilmcl

Prominent Member
JayCee said:
It just plays the recordings full stop, doesn't necessarily have to be via the scarts, any output will do.

I

intersting

what file type does it export to PC in?

Is it an editable format?

I would like to be able to use this feature to remove ads afterwards and also to cut out swearing.

WideEyedFox

Established Member
what file type does it export to PC in?
This would depend on the settings you choose in the software controlling the DVR card.

One thing I do wish is that Sky+ would enable simple editing to allow you to remove adverts, and to chop off unwanted recording from the beginning and the end. 24 springs to mind. 1 hour long... adverts every 10 minutes.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom