1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording to DVD on the LG RH7800

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ditz, Aug 2, 2005.

1. ditz

ditz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks

I'm new here and I hope that someone can help me. I already own a Toshiba RD XS 30 (awesome machine) so I'm familiar with DVD recorders with built in H/D's and editing etc.

However, I purchased an LG RH7800 a couple of weeks ago and I've just tried to copy some of the H/D contents to DVD. The thing is, both attempts that I made copied in "Real Time". 1 DVD took 90 minutes and the other 2 hrs!. Plus the content being recorded to DVD was shown on the TV at the same time.

The manual states that fast copying isn't possible if the pgm has been edited on the H/D first but surely even edited content shouldn't copy in real time ?. To burn an 8 hour disc on the Toshiba only took about 50 mins.

I phoned LG who couldn't help initially but are supposed to be phoning me back.

Does anyone have one of these machines and know how to copy from HD to DVD in quick time ?. The manual is pretty useless. I now appreciate the phone book sized manual that came with the Toshiba!.

Thanks in advance.

ditz

2. mglb71

mglb71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem. I have used DVD-R, DVD+R or DVD+-RW, I suppose a HDD format problem, which forces a convertion during the copy. Until now, I don't have found a solution, and You ?.
    regards. Ben

3. u813061

u813061

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the exact same problem. Copying from HDD to DVD is in real time only