Recording times.

M

markj40

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but in the sky + set up I have no minutes added to the start or the end of recordings, so if something is on for an hour I would expect the recording time to be 60 minutes however it's not, it is always 59 minutes or 29 minutes for a half hour program, and so on. Does anyone elses box do this? My old sky+ box never did it..:confused:

Cupart said:
Have you by any chance changed the HDD?

No....I wouldn't know how too,but now you mention it I had two pages of recorded stuff at one time including two hd programs and the available space left was 85%, which I thought was quite high..

With all due respect I wouldn't be posting in the HD section if I just had a standard box, Iv'e had an HD box since the end of may.

I use the AUTO padding setting so obviously never seen the effect you mention but perhaps that is just the way SKY+ HD software does things.
The recording may be 59mins 59.99 seconds and it's always rounded down perhaps:confused:

Any problem missing the start/stop times?

Starburst said:
I use the AUTO padding setting so obviously never seen the effect you mention but perhaps that is just the way SKY+ HD software does things.
The recording may be 59mins 59.99 seconds and it's always rounded down perhaps:confused:

Any problem missing the start/stop times?

I did have it on auto padding but found that quite a few programmes were failing/clashing. As it stands at the moment 9 times out of ten the recording finishes before the program.

markj40 said:
I did have it on auto padding but found that quite a few programmes were failing/clashing. As it stands at the moment 9 times out of ten the recording finishes before the program.

I thought it only clashed if the 'non-pad' bits clashed?

i.e you have 2 minutes + and - padding and want to record two programs at 8pm and 8.30pm. Although the padding would mean a clash, the padding gets chopped off the end of the 8pm, and the beginning of the 8.30pm, so the programs can butt up to each other?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom