Recording time hit and miss on everything?

Shady Deal

Standard Member
Ok last post today before I ring humax, does the time recording problem happen on all boxes Inc freebies where you may miss the start or end of recordings. Sky was always perfect and this is really going to bug me! Does the samsung box do it as well as the others. I can't see the picture being better than the humax but would change boxes as recording is important to me!
Thanks

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
The box works the same as other Freeview+ and Freesat+ pvrs. If the codes aren't correct how would the box know. You should address your complaints to the broadcaster not Humax. As I said before the BBC usually get it right. If you post some examples of recording failures. Channel 5 seem incable of getting it right.

Are you sure any recordings with some missing from the start weren't following other recordings that did no signal they have finished thus delaying the start of the second. ITV signal the change usually at the end of the ads after the programme. This can easily chop the start of a follow up recording.

Last edited:

hal8000

Novice Member
I have a Panasonic Freeview HD recorder. That occasionally misses start and end of programs but as Graham says, its the broadcaster not the equipment.

On your Foxsat, press Schedule on the remote control, then edit. Here you can modify start and end time recording times for any timed program.

Shady Deal

Standard Member
Thanks for your time guys! I really wanted a Pannasonic couldn't afford it, are they worth the money?

lauraeva

Standard Member
Thanks for your time guys! I really wanted a Pannasonic couldn't afford it, are they worth the money?
Can't say not having tried one, but my priorities were the flexibility and support available with the Foxsat.

I can offload encryption free HD off the PVR to play on my PC or do whatever I want with, it seems bug free, its cheap enough not to worry about opening it to upgrade HDD, and when I install custom firmware will be able to do file transfer over the LAN connection.

Maybe the Panasonic gives a slicker user experience, but for me the Foxsat seems the obvious choice.

Hambone

Novice Member

Can't say not having tried one, but my priorities were the flexibility and support available with the Foxsat.

I can offload encryption free HD off the PVR to play on my PC or do whatever I want with, it seems bug free, its cheap enough not to worry about opening it to upgrade HDD, and when I install custom firmware will be able to do file transfer over the LAN connection.

Maybe the Panasonic gives a slicker user experience, but for me the Foxsat seems the obvious choice.

I was wanting to buy the Panasonic as a replacement for my Freeview
Panasonic DVD Recorder but it is quite a few quid and had been checking
the forums for a while.
Then i came across Raydon's firmware :cool:
No other choice after that.
I also have the Virgin TiVo 1TB box which also misses the start and end
on some shows,so it's not the Humax at fault.
I send a ton of stuff to family in Canada and the Humax fits in perfect
thanks Raydon.
I had copied files over in minutes after installing the firmware it is that easy.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom