• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recording Subtitles???

the_gavnor

Established Member
Hi All,

Just a quick question, have a customer who wants a TM-7100 for his misses to watch her Italian channels and record them etc.... on external HDD.

He has posed the question, if he records the channel i.e. Rai Uno does the receiver record the programme with the default audio stream or does it record the video stream, along with all the audio and interactive streams (i.e. substitles).

Any advice? Or could someone try for me? My DM800 hasn't got anything attached at present :facepalm:

Cheers

Gav

lovelldr

Established Member
Have no idea about the tm-7100, but with the dm800 (and the vu+ duo), it records all of the audio streams, and the subtitles (well, all those that are included anyway).

As for interactive streams (not100% sure what you mean) ... With the itv channels during the world cup for example, the red button loads the interactive stream, such as extra information, etc. Afaik, this is not recorded. Only the standard info with the channels, such as the different audio streams and the subtitles...

hth :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom