Recording Sky Movies from Sky+ to DVD -R

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DEO, Sep 21, 2003.

1. DEO

DEO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody:

I want to record movies from SKY premier etc to the SKY+ hard disk, then move to Hard drive on HS2 and then dub to DVD -R?

Is that totally possible from Sky movie channels?

Will it copy the dd5.1 audio as well?

Is the same thing possible with SKY Box Office?

Thanks

Dave

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You can't copy a 5.1 audio as there is no audio optical in to the recorder.

You can only copy items that are not protected without buying various extra bits of kit which will unprotect the signal, albeit with some loss of quality. I would expect all the box office to be protected.

Why not record straight to a -r and avoid further loss in quality by going via the hdd. You only really need to use the hdd in this situation if you are stripping out ads etc.

3. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can copy directly from Sky+ to dvd-r without problems.The post above was correct that you only need to go to the HS2 HDD to edit,but if you record in XP you will not lose any quality.The only other advantage of going to the HDD is you can store it on the HS2 then opt for "dubbing" with "FR",which would optimize bit rate better than guessing like you would do if you went from Sky+ to -R.
    Various quality reducing boxes are available that will remove copy protection from SBO,but go for a KT Vision Smart Scart and you can use it like a normal Scart,only it removes Macrovision and CGMS too.

4. DEO

DEO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't aware that you could copy from SBO with such boxes, where can I find out more about these and where can I buy the one that you mentioned.

Dave

5. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Putting a box in between your digibox and your HS2 is a pain and will lose quality.Go to www.ktvision.com and you can buy a Scart lead that works as a normal lead but removes all the copy protection