Recording shows from Virgin V6 box to Panasonic DVD recorder.

Dark Raven

Novice Member
Hi all. Looking for some advice. I have a few short TV clips like interviews recorded and stored on my Virgin Media V6 Tivo box. I also own a Panasonic DMR-EX87 DVD recorder. I'm trying to transfer/copy these clips to the hard drive of the recorder. Then I can get them onto disc. Currently I have the recorder connected to my LG TV via HDMI. I can put the TV to that AV channel and see the recorders menu etc and view stuff recorded on its drive. But I know there's a setup where I should be able to see my TV channel Virgin box to record my clips.

I'm sure I've done it in the past but can't remember how. It was easy in the olden days with my previous recorder when my old TV had scart. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Peter.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
It's no longer possible to do that with HDMI output from the V6 due to copy protection.

drashp

Look into HDMI/HDCP strippers - they may be a thing but would probably be banned from talking about here.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom