1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording scart input on PV500 by a Panasonic ES10DVD recorder?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pwood, Jul 20, 2005.

1. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    My SKY box is a Sony VTX-S760U. Does this (most) box only output RGB from scart 1 ( TV) and Composite from scart 2 (VCR) as this would appear to be the case.
    SKY RGB output to ext2 input (RGB) on ES10 then DVD RGB output to RGB input on TV. This looks fine on current 28" Philips but The reason this is annoying me is that I'm due to get a Panasonic PV500 42" plasma next week and want the best possible picture output and the ability to record it as well. I'm concerned that looping Sky box through Es10 will degrade the picture slightly.

Would a high quality RGB splitter be better or just degrade PQ?

Given the above is it possible for the Panny PV500 to be set so that the DVD recorder can record directly from the scart socket( sky is plugged into) on the Pv500 whilst viewing another program say on freeview or a dvdv from another player. Sorry if thats as clear as mud but hopefully it makes some sense. :rolleyes:

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    I think all sky boxes only output rgb on scart 1....but on my PW7 setup I have the rgb sky box scart connected to a pansaonic DMR E55 DVDR which then converts to componet output for connection to the screen....it gives great PQ (nearly as good as the JS on the PWD7)

3. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Great! I hope mine will do the same via component as thats how I will also be connecting to plasma. Any PV500/ Es10 owner tried this yet and if so does the aspect switching still work.