Recording sat signal

Stereo Steve

Ex Member
Reaction score
I've just binned my DTT PVR due to noise and lack of use. I now have a standard freeview box in the lounge. In my office, I have a PC that stays on 24/7 and also a sat cable from my dish. I'm running XP pro and was wondering if there there was any way of using the PC as a video recorder with a sat card or similar. I could then stream captured programs to my Xbox in the lounge from a shared folder.

I know there are a few sat cards out there to watch sat TV on your PC but is there software out there to record from a card, even better with an EPG or similar. There must be a company that makes a sat card with PVR software?

But you still receive all the Free To Air Channels like the BBC. It depends what rocks your boat!

Dave

Did not think you could as Sky will not release the CAM and you still need a card for frre to air

Through a PC you would just get the FTA BBC channels, not the FTV ITV channels. Just pull the card out of your sky box, the channels you still get are the ones that you will see on your PC.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom