1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Skid Solo, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Skid Solo

Skid Solo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this relates to dual record, but the following happened to me last night.

Record Eastenders BBC1 19:30 to 20:00
    Record Judge John Deed 20:00 to 21:30
    Record Frank Bruno 21:00 to 22:00

So should all have worked fine with Dual record, however

Eastenders recorded fine
    Frank Bruno recorded fine.

At around 20:00 we decided to not watch Judge John Deed live , but watch at around 20:30, so I flicked around channels for half an hour, straight after Eastenders

At 20:30 I went to planner to play John Deed which was shown as recording, pressed play and got a still image of the already selected channel, Home and Leisure I believe.
    I pressed stop and went back to the planner. John Deed was not shown as Viewed, but recording light was still on. I tried play from beginning again, but same thing happened. I then tried playing from last position watched (this was really weird at something like 75879 minutes) still picture again.
    Tried to watch from 10 minutes in, told me selection was invalid.

As the unit was still recording I left until 21:30 and then reset the box, John Deed is still in the planner, shows as watched, but the ‘K’ for keep logo has disappeared, only shows green arrow. When I select John Deed the view option does not appear, only delete is a available. The series link worked correctly.

Anyway can I get this recording back ? I assume not
    I am thinking that what probably caused the problem is that I was channel hoping when dual record was in action, recording the padding at the end of Eastenders and the padding at the beginning John Deed. But no error, or alarm appeared on the screen.

Looks like another potential bug to me. Any thoughts ?

I had no problems in the first month of ownership, only once the dual record software has been installed

2. MTJ

MTJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Skid Solo,

funny you should mention this but our attempted recording of Judge John Deed didnt work last night. It started recording ok but then when I went to the planner it said it was recording something else (News??), on pressing play the screen just locked and said it was at the end of the recording (or something similar). So we just deleted it.

Could be co-incidence..... this is the onlt program in the 4 weeks of having the box that hasn't recorded. We were only attempting a single channel record. Perhaps a porblem with the series link? Will kill the next series link and start again I think.

Mark