• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

recording problem

alan1572

Established Member
is it possible that a card could be the cause of a recording problem?
My mum is not able to record certain channels at the same time (sky1,2,ch5 and a few other's)
i have changed and relocated her dish, replaced the cable and lnb and she has had her sky+ box "fixed" twice and 2 boxes in the place of the box while they were away and yet the recording problem is still there, the card is the only thing that remains, sky insist the card can't be at fault but i'm at a loss, there are no trees or anything else in the way and the box worked fine for about 8 month's before the problem.....HELP!!!!!!

fernandez

Distinguished Member
Just as a further elimination process, and out of curiosity, have you tried her box and card on your Sky dish?
I assume but I'm not sure (as it isn't really clear) but did the boxes she was loaned have the same problem?

Otherwise I'm as lost as you are and, sorry to say this, this should really be asked in a Sky section.

alan1572

Established Member
Just as a further elimination process, and out of curiosity, have you tried her box and card on your Sky dish?
I assume but I'm not sure (as it isn't really clear) but did the boxes she was loaned have the same problem?

Otherwise I'm as lost as you are and, sorry to say this, this should really be asked in a Sky section.

it's in a satellite section...i didn't know it was wrong, but thanks for the reply anyway,btw the other boxes all had the same problem inc a HD one.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
Another thought...

AFAIK provided that you still have the Sky 'Blue House' card (with + features enabled) this should work in your mother's box on all except premium (movies/sports) channels.
So it may be trying your card in her box to see if the affected channels will record.
Grasping at straws really.....:confused:

bob1

Prominent Member
it's in a satellite section...i didn't know it was wrong, but thanks for the reply anyway,btw
Yes it in the wrong section ,the problem is that a lot of people in here might not have sky ,we might try and answer your question but were only having a guess biased on our superior knowledge:D.

alan1572

Established Member
Another thought...

AFAIK provided that you still have the Sky 'Blue House' card (with + features enabled) this should work in your mother's box on all except premium (movies/sports) channels.
So it may be trying your card in her box to see if the affected channels will record.
Grasping at straws really.....:confused:

obvious when your told...good idea..easy to try

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom