Recording / Playback HD Problem - LM Series

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Shogun112, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Shogun112

Shogun112
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I recently bought an 55LM670T about a month ago. I connected an external 250gig hard drive to the HDD USB port. One of them 2.5 inch versions that powers from the USB Port.

It has been working OK, to a point, but a problem, which I am wondering are others seeing a similar, and if not, what HDD they using.

I can record a channel SD or HD. When I playback a HD recording, the playbak will always have a problem. I can be watching the playback quite normally, and I will get a 3 to 4 second black screen, no sound, and then the recording will come back alive missing the 3 or 4 seconds of image.

If I replay the same recording, the blank 3 to 4 secs will be in the exact same place, so, the problem is at the recording point.

This problem does not appear on SD recordings.

The external hard disk I am using is a Hitachi 250gig - (type - Ts5SAA250) at 5400 rpm..

Does anybody else have a similar issue... or... Does anybody else NOT have an issue with HD playback from the HDD and if so, what drive are you using?

2. Shogun112

Shogun112
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I should have said... I spoke to LG tech support about this and they told me that the TV is not really able to record HD to a HDD..!!! What..!! Does not say that in literature... And I think he is wrong..!!

3. raymcd

raymcd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0