Recording one digital channel whilst watching another..

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Seb1, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Seb1

Seb1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    We have just got a new TV, Panasonic DVD Recorder and Sony Digital Box which was installed by Comet.

However I have now realised a problem. If I set the DVD recorder to AV2 and start recording the digital channel I am watching it will record it as it should, but when I flick through channels via the digital box it obviously records me flicking through the channels, which is no use if I want to record one digital channel and watch another.. :nono:

How do solve this problem?

We have an RGB scart going from AV1 in the Digital box to AV1 on the TV and then a scart from AV2 on the Digital box going to AV2 on the DVD recorder. Finally another scart from AV1 on the DVD recorder to AV2 on the TV. (I think its like that anyway)

Thanks

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    Well the bottom line is that you can't really unless you buy another Digital Tuner! However as your DVD recorder offers Timeslip you can watch another, already recorded, programme whilst the machine is recording another.