Recording on Sony RDR-GX210: just records black screen after a few minutes

Comer

Novice Member
Setup, Sky+ to Sony RDR-GX210 by scart. I have used the Sony to record very little but I do seem to recall recording two things that worked OK, one from live TV and one fro Sky+ recorded material. Both were on a DVD-RW 2X.

Recently, I have tried recording from Sky+ recording to a DVD-RW and, last night to a DVD-R and although the recording starts off perfectly, after a couple of minutes the screen goes black and the sound is lost. The recorder seems to have recorded two hours of nothing as the recorded DVD continues to play.

Is there something silly that I'm missing that I'm not doing right

Thanks

Conor

Ryu

If you accidentally pressed the 'TV' button on the Sky remote, that disables the RGB output of the Sky box temporarily until you press the 'SKY' button again. If you have your recorder setup to RGB input then this may be the reason it goes blank.

Comer

Novice Member
Ryu said:
If you accidentally pressed the 'TV' button on the Sky remote, that disables the RGB output of the Sky box temporarily until you press the 'SKY' button again. If you have your recorder setup to RGB input then this may be the reason it goes blank.
I think your reply has just jogged my memory as to the problem. When I have L1 selected on the DVD recorder, I must have the TV stitched on to pass a signal to the DVD recorder. On both attempts I was recording at night and just after I started recording I switched off the TV to go to bed...thus cutting off the signat to the DVD recorder :suicide: If I select L3 it should be OK. Will try this later.

Thanks

Conor

Trending threads

Top Bottom