Recording on Pioneer 220 (RW) keeps freezing

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Aerotop Dave, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Aerotop Dave

Aerotop Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recorded 'Get Carter' last night on my Pioneer 220 on a Maxell RW disc, using the LP 4hr mode. The playback this morning keeps freezing for 5 seconds, then starting again about 20-30 seconds further on through the film. I've noticed that it does it in exactly the same places in the film too, so it's not something random, it's specific places on the recording.

Any ideas as to what this might be and what I can do to fix it? (not too fussed about this particular recording as the film crops up on TCM quite regularly)

Can't think of any other relevant info. The disc had been kept in my conservatory where the temp was a little low, maybe 15'C or so, before it went straight into the machine. This is the second time I've recorded on this disc, I erased the first recording after I had watched it the other week.

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Were you recording from Freeview or analogue?

I'd try recording another programme with the same DVD-RW in LP mode and a different DVD-RW and see if the problem still occurs.

I've been using Maxell 1/2x DVD-RW and have had no problems with the 220S or the discs (so far) :D

3. Aerotop Dave

Aerotop Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This was via NTL cable box into AV2 (I think) on the back of the recorder.