1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recording on Panny to play on Denon?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Diving Bear, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Diving Bear

Diving Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to have a problem that may be just me being stupid. I don't seem to ba able to record o my panasonic DMRE55 in a fromat that will play on my Denon 2910. I have Sky+ in one room with the Panny. I have copied a programme recorded on + onto both DVD Ram and DVD-R. Neother will play on the 2910. I realise that the RAM isn't supported by the 2910, but I thought the DVD-R would play.. but no. The E55 doesn't suppor the DVD-RW. Any ideas?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    Are you finalising the DVD-Rs? I have recently trialled the 2910 in my search for a decent HDMI equipped DVD player and it certainly played DVD-Rs recorded on the E95 without any problems. If you are finalising and still having problems I suggest trying different DVD-R media - use branded discs.

3. Diving Bear

Diving Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, so now I am lost! I have tried two different brands of DVD-Rs. Can't get any to play on any DVD. They play back fine on the E55 but not on anything else!!! Should I be finalising them? Can you stop the E55 finalising discs. I thought that DVD-R was the most compatible?? Is it possible there is something wrong with the E55?
    HELP

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    Yes - you should be finalising the discs. Once you have recorded all content to the disc, finalise it and then it will playback in virtually all DVD players/drives. Until you finalise it the disc will not playback in any DVD player/drive except the one you have recorded it in.

Refer to page 35 of your manual for instructions on how to achieve this simple task!

5. Diving Bear

Diving Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem solved. I thought they were finalising as this appeared on the screen at the end of a recording and counted down a % finalised. However, this wasn't finalising the discs. Discovered how to do this. Now no problem. Many thanks for help.