Recording on Panasonic TX-L32D26BA

jacqui82

Standard Member
Reaction score
I bought the Panasonic and have now added a Buffalo USB to record TV - it will not record despite registering it, choosing the programme from the TV guide and setting it up - am about to throw the whole lot out the window - my good old VCR/DVD player records great but will be no good on switchover. Any ideas:lease:

Never knew you could just add a drive to a TV and you end up with a recorder. That will be the first TV I have seen that can do it.

Media player - USB HDD is supposed to record - you mean I have been stitched up by Comet's?

Maybe not just seen this
2 (1 rear, 1 side); Flash Memory/Keyboard/WiFi/USB HDD Recording/HUB

Have you formatted your hard drive. Most will only read the hard drive if formatted in FAT32. By default they are normally foramtted to NTFS.

If the TV has only one tuner then you would be able to record one program but not watch another channel at the same time.

Correct about not being able to watch another channel as per the manual - have formatted the hard drive as per tv instructions - FAT32? NTFS? How would I change the formatting to FAT32? Willing to try anything.

You need to plug the drive into a PC. Open my Computer right click the drive and select Format. In format select FAT32.

Make sure you are selecting the right drive.

Plugged into main computer but was not found and then tried a lap top but again was not found?

The TV should format the hard drive to suit its own system... probably Linux ext3 (as NTFS and FAT16 or FAT32 would be recognised by a PC).

If you've followed the instructions in the Panasonic manual to the letter you should consult their Customer Services for more advice. Sometimes only certain brands and model of drive are guaranteed to work, sadly. The Panasonic website may have more information? You could also go back to Comet - especially if they sold the item(s) as 'compatible' - to get them to help ?

NB your VCR/DVD-Recorder can be used after switchover by connecting a simple set top box receiver to it. It's not as convenient as you may need to set two timers (although some recorders - like my Panasonics - will wake up and record via a signal from the stb so only the stb timer is required). Alternatively a twin-tuner hard disc PVR is a much better option and can be under £100 PVRs and VCRs | AVForums.com - UK Online is the relevant sub-forum.

EDIT This thread - while a different model TV - may be relevant?
http://www.avforums.com/forums/free...l-usb-hard-drive-panasonic-tx-l42d25b-tv.html

Last edited:
Many thanks for all the advice - took it back to Comets and exchanged for a DVD freeview recorder which I am about to fix up. Will keep my VCR/DVD and try the set top box idea.

Bit of a PS and off thread but to record any significant length of video on a HDD it has to be formatted NTFS not FAT32.

Many thanks for all the advice - took it back to Comets and exchanged for a DVD freeview recorder which I am about to fix up. Will keep my VCR/DVD and try the set top box idea.

For your requirements this appears to be a far better approach.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom