Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Recording on Digiboxes

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by DjchunKfunK, Sep 1, 2005.

1. DjchunKfunK

DjchunKfunK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanted to know if there was anyway to stop set-top boxes from updating over night and then turning themselves off. As the new American Football season is about to start I want to be able to record the matches that are to be shown on TV. However last year when I tried this with my set-top box it turned itself off before the end due to the software update. Is there any way around this to stop it from updating?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Software updates are very rare, it's just bad luck to get one at a time you are recording:(

I don't believe there is a method to block an update but occasionaly you'll see a post from someone (in the know:) ) who accurately predicts when one is due and you can measures although with a live game that may mean waiting for the rerun.