Recording NTSC discs with E55?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kinginter, Mar 9, 2005.

1. kinginter

kinginter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to know if it's possible to record NTSC (not copy protected) discs using my E55. I have a Sony DAV-S550 or a DVP-NS330 to use as the source + E55 as the recorder. I know how to make all the external connections n' that, and can record PAL disca fine. When I try to record an NTSC disc, the picture is black & white + very grainy also some lines at the bottom. In the E55 setup menu, I can change it to NTSC and it does come on in colour (perfect picture), but when I press record, it complains that the signal is different to the TV (TX28-PL10) selected in settings.

Any ideas - I'm sure its possible..... Somehow :confused:

2. DVD-RAM

DVD-RAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It works fine for me.
    I stick an NTSC (source) disc in the player, stick a disc in the E55, change from PAL to NTSC in settings and bingo.
    One thing to remember is that DVDs can only be either NTSC or PAL> So if your disc already has a PAL recording on it, you will not be able to record from an NTSC source onto that disc.

3. kinginter

kinginter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting... It did have a bit of a PAL recording on it when I was just testing it. I will format the disc & give it a go now

Watch this space..

4. kinginter

kinginter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey it worked!
    I have been ages trying to work this out & you answer me within minutes.

I suppose you think thats clever? Well it is! Thanks

So record PAL (or) NTSC not both on the same disc.

Thanks very much for your help