Recording NTSC Broadcast

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by inabsentia, Sep 10, 2004.

1. inabsentia

inabsentia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have a motorised satellite system and I occasionally want to record from a US based channel which is in NTSC.

I have a worldwide standards VCR which does the job fine, but I'm moving away from tape based recording as much as I can now.

My DVD recorder is an LG DVR 4810..it handles NTSC just fine on playback, but when I try to record, I don't get a watchable picture. I'm recording via the composite inputs on the front panel which is connected directly to my satellite receiver by scart.

I'm sure NTSC recording is possible with this machine..I know you cannot mix PAL and NTSC on the same disc, but I'm trying to use a brand new, fresh out of the wrapper DVD-RW.

Anyone got any thoughts?

2. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Do u have to select a menu option that allows u to record in NTSC, rather than PAL, i'm pretty sure that is the case with my Panasonic E55, may be a similar case with the LG ?

If all else fails, u could try the manual (lol)

Delh68

3. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0