Recording not completed "Disk Full"

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by panaman, Nov 30, 2004.

1. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi I had the above "Disk Full" error the other week on my Panasonic E50 recorder and after checking, realised that I had set the timer earlier in the day and forgot to put a new disk. The disk in the recorder was full, so I can understand why I got the message.

But.....

Yesterday I took delivery of my new Panasonic E85, which I am really pleased with, but still getting used to.

What happened is that I set a timer recording to the HDD and it started and completed ok, but when I turned on the TV and hit the Navigator button, I got the message "recording could not be completed - Disk Full" As the program was only an hour long, recorded in SP and had a totally empty disk, I was puzzled. Funny thing is the recording was there in its entirety :thumbsup:

any suggestions :lease:

PS still getting used to the recorder doing things without me knowing it. By that I mean on the E50 when it was recording you would see the power light come on and the little red circle would be rotating, channel number showing etc.... but on the E85 all you see is the little red REC indicator, no power light, channel number or anything, unless you press the Navigator... wierd, but I will get used to it :)

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Do you need to select the HDD before you hit the Navigator button? You may be seeing the message left over by the DVD.

3. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    By that do you mean did I press the HDD button on the remote before I pressed Navigator?...... that is something I can not tell you :blush:

So..... maybe from that comment I was still on the RAM navigator and could have been the reason why I got the message, because it thought I was trying to access a recording from RAM :oops:

Thanks.... I think :)

4. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Doesn't the E85 have lights on the front showing which disk is currently selected? Pioneers have blue for the HDD, yellow for the DVD.
    Attempts to use Navigator for an empty DVD drive produce a 'No Disk' message.

5. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,964
    Yes the E85 has lights on the front so you can see which device you are using - blue is the hdd

6. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yes it does as you say, so I guess I must have had the navigator on DVD instead of HDD :oops:

7. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    If the dvd is set to record and is full or missing from the drive, it will record on the hdd instead, called relief recording.